OUR VOLUNTEERS HEAD TOWARDS A RECORD BREAKING YEAR
Our volunteers have dedicated a HUGE 1999 volunteer hours already this year, compared to 1334 in 2019, meaning we’re on track for a record year of volunteering!
Since February, they have worked hard to
- Restore 40m2 of wetland by the River Derwent at Shotley Grove
- Remove 1500 tree guards from tree planting sites, now that the trees are established
- Planted 5000 hedgerow trees to reduce run-off and create a wildlife corridor
- Protected 25m of riverbank from eroding by willow spiling
- Started our balsam bashing season!
Jenny Dowden, Volunteer Coordinator at Tyne Rivers Trust says: “Our volunteers are just awesome! We’re so grateful to them for all of the time they give to help us improve the habitat of the Tyne rivers for everyone to enjoy.”