About Tyne Rivers Trust
We are a registered charity, number 1107358. We are registered as a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales, number 5086888.
Our Privacy Notice is designed to protect you and the personal information we hold about you. We hope you find it easy to understand and that it gives you a clear understanding of how we use your personal information.
Tyne Rivers Trust (TRT) is the data controller of any personal information we collect and process for the purposes of the Trust.
We use the information we collect about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018.
What information do we collect?
When interacting with TRT, we sometimes ask you to provide personal information, such as your name, address and email address. In some circumstances, e.g. when you’re making donations to TRT, we’ll ask you for your bank details.
In addition to the above, TRT may, from time to time, receive personal details from trusted third parties, such as Natural England, used in relation to TRT projects.
Why do we collect it?
Your information may be used by TRT for the following purposes:
- based on your consent, the information needed to:
- keep you updated in relation to TRT activities, e.g. newsletters
- enable TRT to receive donations
- claim Gift Aid where you’ve told us you’re eligible
- for performance of contracts between you and TRT, the information needed:
- to fulfill purchases/orders you’ve made from TRT
- in relation to projects being driven by TRT
When donating to TRT or purchasing goods from TRT, we need to share some or all of your information with our trusted processing partners, such as Virgin Money Giving, PayPal. We also share your information with our newsletter service provider, MailChimp.
How do we store it and for how long?
Your personal information is stored securely and is protected from unauthorised access.
The information is retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes detailed above. This is to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- access the personal information we hold about you;
- have inaccurate personal information rectified;
- have personal information erased (in certain circumstances), e.g. if you want to withdraw consent to receive communications from TRT;
- get some of your information that you provided from us in a machine readable format;
- request to restrict the processing of your personal information; or
- lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office
Remember, you can always withdraw your consent, e.g. to opt out of receiving newsletters, at any time.
Who can I contact for Data Protection issues?
TRT treat all requests in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or if you want to contact us in relation to your personal information, to challenge how it is used or if you want to make a complaint, please contact the Trust Director. Our details are:
Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on: 01434 636 900
Or write to us at: Trust Director, Tyne Rivers Trust, Unit 8, Shawwell Business Centre, Stagshaw Road, Corbridge, Northumberland, NE45 5PE
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in the law, guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office, or for other legitimate reasons. If we make any changes in the way we treat your personal information, we will make this clear on our website.