WE’RE HIRING: AGRICULTURAL ADVICE OFFICER
The global pandemic, COP26 and recent storms have highlighted the importance of our environment and how we chose to live within it. Our work is increasingly recognised for its crucial role and we are now in a position to grow our team to deliver practical water quality and habitat improvement work that directly contributes to climate change resilience and increasing wellbeing for all within the catchment.
This an exciting chance to use your skills, experience and passion to help us carry out this vital work as well as the opportunity to contribute to our consultancy business, River Catchment Services.
Our most important asset is our people and we want to recruit the best. You will be joining a friendly and committed team of experts who are passionate about improving the Tyne rivers.
An exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic, dynamic team, working with the local community and key partners throughout the Tyne Catchment.
Our current projects cover rural and urban challenges including; natural flood management, fisheries improvements, innovative changes to arable, grassland and upland management and awareness raising of what individuals can do. Working with all sectors of the community to educate and share best practice is key.
The main focus of the role will be to work with farmers in our catchment, individually and collectively, to assess current land use and identify opportunities to improve land management for farm business and biodiversity. Tyne Rivers Trust is keen that these changes are monitored, and the impacts are reported clearly to wider farming groups and key stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking farm visits throughout the catchment
- Identifying opportunities of protecting watercourses and working with internal and external contacts to realise them
- Identifying and developing opportunities for using local and national grant schemes to improve farmyards and increase biodiversity
- Supporting existing projects to deliver interventions and practical work to achieve Tyne Rivers Trusts environmental goals
- Assisting in delivery of engagement events, including workshops, demonstrations and other events
- Assisting in collecting and disseminating relevant information towards monitoring impact and sharing best practice
- Contributing to content for Tyne Rivers Trust website, publicity and board briefings