How are you all!? Enjoying the rather wet weather I hope! Maybe not so good for us but certainly much needed for our rivers! A big thank you for your help on tasks last week, we had a great afternoon litter picking at a new site for us in Hebburn with Akzonobel staff and then a fantastic Geomorphology course with Malcolm Newson on Friday. I know there were lots of people who wanted to come along to that but were away so I am sure I can organise another one, will let you know the date! Just a reminder of upcoming tasks….
- Thursday 8th June- Litter pick- 1pm-Friars Goose, Gateshead with Akzonobel staff. We may also visit another site but will let you know details tomorrow. I will be leaving the office at 12.15pm if you would like a lift or to car share.
- Monday 12th June- Jesmond Dene- 10am- Joint task with Newcastle Volunteer Rangers, please bring along wellies/waders if you have them (I will be leaving the office at around 9.20am)
- Thursday 15th June- 1pm- Gateshead/ South Tyneside litter pick– joint task with Akzonobel staff. I will be leaving the office at around 12.15pm. I will confirm location next week.
- Monday 19th June- Derwenthaugh Park- 6pm- Balsam bash. As this is an evening task I will probably drive straight home from this site so if volunteers could meet me there that would be great.
- Tuesday 20th June- Wharmley- 10.30am– Balsam bash. This is a joint task with Northumbrian Water staff and I will be leaving the office at approx 10.10am.
- Friday 23rd June- Ovingham Reading Rooms- 1.30pm. Our River Projects Manager Graham Holyoak will be giving us a talk about the results of our invasives species surveys over the past two years which some of you have been involved with. Come along for tea, coffee and a chat, all welcome!
Thanks everyone. Please remember to let me know if you can come along to any of the above, bring a packed lunch and I always recommend you bring along wellies if you have them just in case as well as walking shoes/boots. If the weather is warm please ensure you bring along plenty of water, sun cream, hats, midgie spray etc! If the weather is wet please bring along waterproof coats/ trousers, we rarely cancel a task due to the weather! Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Projects Manager & Volunteer Coordinator