Join in the River Rebellion!
Our volunteers are vital and carry out practical tasks that improve habitat and make the river a better place to be.
A chance to learn traditional skills
We use traditional techniques such as willow weaving to repair riverbanks and hedge laying to slow the flow of water and reduce the risk of flooding.
Adopt your own stretch of river
Our Adopt a Stream project gives you the chance to look after your own bit of river. We’re looking for people and groups to keep an eye on their own stretch of river and use our App to record what they find, whether its invasive species that need treating or a riverbank that needs repairing. You can choose a stretch of river that you regularly pass or we can work with you to find a location that suits you. Click here to find out more and download the App.
What other tasks do volunteers do?
- Restoring riverbanks using traditional skills like willow weaving
- Hedge laying to slow the flow of water
- Tree planting to tackle climate change
- River clean-ups to reduce plastic in rivers
- Water quality monitoring
- Tackling invasive species that out compete native species